3.25.90 will probably be delayed

Hi,

Unfortunately 3.25.90 is going to be delayed indefinitely until all the tarballs build for me. It hasn't been going well so far. As I mentioned last week, there are a much higher number of failures than usual due to the meson switch. I'll be reaching out to individual maintainers as needed.

How you can help:

(1) If your module has switched to meson, make sure it builds *from your released tarball* with either meson or Autotools, whatever you've specified in the jhbuild moduleset. This seems to be a common problem. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to delete your Autotools build system and generate your tarballs with 'ninja dist', in which case you can't really go wrong. If you choose to maintain both build systems, you need to check this manually.

(2) If your module is on the list of modules that were broken in 3.25.4 [1], and you're not sure what the problem was or that you've already fixed it, then please try to build it with the attached jhbuild modulesets to find out what's wrong. Just copy all of the attached files into some directory and then run the following command from that directory:

$ jhbuild -m gnome-apps-3.25.90.modules -f sample-tarball.jhbuildrc build YOURMODULE

If there's a problem, I'll be letting you know later this week, but it'll be a lot easier for me if you're proactive.

(3) If you're in the mood for adventure, you could try to fix other broken modules too. Basically, the release is ready once the following command works:

$ jhbuild -m gnome-apps-3.25.90.modules -f sample-tarball.jhbuildrc build

Thanks,

Michael

[1] 'pango', 'at-spi2-atk', 'vte', 'gdm', 'clutter-gtk', 'graphene', 'nautilus', 'glade', 'libgxps', 'libgepub', 'gnome-font-viewer', 'fwupd', 'gnome-terminal', 'totem', 'simple-scan', 'usbredir', 'spice-gtk', 'gst-plugins-base', 'gst-plugins-bad', 'gnome-dictionary', 'nautilus-sendto', 'gnome-builder', 'gnome-chess', 'gnome-sudoku'