Re: Switching from Autotools to CMake for core evolution products

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 13:39 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
Were other alternatives considered (Meson,seems to be the preferred
non-autotools build system for GNOME projects)?

Right, Meson. I do not want to dive into such discussion, Meson simply
didn't fit my needs and preferences. Its syntax is weird to me and if
you compare what Meson offers (ninja and msvc2010) and what CMake
offers [1], then it's just "more freedom" from CMake than from Meson.

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.6/manual/cmake-generators.7.html
    Note it's for version 3.6, while the required CMake version is 3.0

Just for the record, Meson supports Ninja, MSVC 2010, MSVC 2015, and
XCode. Support for make was omitted on purpose.

MSVC 2013 (and older) support isn't there because no one has expressed
interest. It would be easy to add it if someone needs it.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan