Re: Giving up maintainership of Dictionary and 2048

I am sorry for first jumping in, and then not following this up.

I got a job soon after sending this email, and hence never got enough time to look into it as planned.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Pranav Kant <pranav913 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> Hell Juan;
>
> first of all, I'd like to thank you for the terrific job you did as
> the Dictionary maintainer. You're a hero, and your work has been very
> much appreciated.
>
> On 19 August 2015 at 09:58, Juan Rafael García Blanco
> <juanrgar gmail com> wrote:
>
>> Regarding Dictionary, we recently started updating its UI to adapt it to the
>> upstream Gnome look and feel. I wish I had finished it for the 3.18 release,
>> but unfortunately I have not :( Of course, please feel free to ask me about
>> any recent changes on it.
>
> I'm sure the current UI, while not perfect, is already a vast
> improvement over the old, 2.x style UI that I wrote all those years
> ago. :-)
>
>> I just want to say it has been a really great experience, I'm very thankful
>> to all of you; without the help of the Gnome community I would have not even
>> made the first release. So thank you.
>
> Again, thanks to you for your hard work.
>
> If somebody wants to pick up the Dictionary, I'd also be happy to
> mentor new developers.

Hi,

I would like to take this opportunity. I would love to maintain and
work on this module.

Though, I do not have any experience/patches in gnome-dictionary as of
now, but looking at the codebase,
I think it should not be too hard for me to adapt, and work on this.

Besides that, I am also excited to work under your mentorship.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Pranav Kant