Re: Proposal for personal WIP branches in git

On Thu, 2015-01-29 at 10:03 +0100, Jens Georg wrote:
There’s a bit of discussion going on at the DX hackfest about personal
branches of other people’s modules.

People here agree that it would be pretty good if we standardised on:
    wip/$nick/$branch_name
as the name for your branches on someone else’s module. These could be
pushed to git.gnome.org without worrying about asking permission from
the module maintainer.

‘wip’ to allow force-pushes, and $nick to disambiguate.

If nobody has any objections, I could add this to
    https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/FAQ

+1 from me. This would embrace the people that don't like to use github
for such things because reasons.

Thanks all for the feedback. I’ve added the proposal to the wiki as an
FAQ entry:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/FAQ#How_do_I_create_a_personal_WIP_branch.3F

Please discuss changes here rather than silently editing the wiki.

Philip