3.16 Target Bugs (Again)

Hi all,

Following up on the previous discussion [1], I'm about to start
marking the first set of target bugs for 3.16. This will be done using
the gnome-target Bugzilla field.

The aim of this initiative is to try and focus our efforts on the most
important project-wide bugs much earlier in the cycle. It is very much
an extension of the existing blocker bug process.

If you are the maintainer or developer of a module that has
gnome-target bugs assigned, don't panic. While we are using this
mechanism to express what the Release Team considers to be priority
issues, and we would obviously welcome fixes to the bugs that are
identified, a bug marked in this way does not equate to a demand that
you immediately fix it.

If you don't feel that you can get target bugs fixed before the next
release, this is a good opportunity to ask for help, and we will be
inviting contributors to work on the target issues.

Also, the list won't be cast in stone - there will be opportunities to
discuss which bugs should be targeted.

Thanks,

Allan

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2014-September/msg00134.html