Re: Hooking up gnome-session with dbus/kdbus/systemd

Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
The only thing I've seen in this discussion that I disagree with is the idea
to make the distinction between starting a service (in the background) and
launching the application (opening a window) implicit, by looking at
somewhat obscure environment variables. That should be rather be explicit, I
think, and we want to limit the extent to which applications are allowed to
do that (run in the background).

Actually, I think that we do want to enable apps to run in the
background, and there are some notes on the wiki about this [1].

Allan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Whiteboards/BackgroundApps