Re: Potential GNOME IDE

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 02:08:52PM +0000, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:
I'd personally hope they became libraries over submodules, as others may
wish to reuse the components in an easier fashion. Perhaps the best
thing to do on my end is to start a "playground" repo to test various
concepts long before they're ever slated to arrive in an IDE.

It would be nice to have some GObject features, like completion of
properties and signals names, with calltips to show details about a
property or signal, and a button to add the callback function with the
correct parameters.

Also for handling the GObject boilerplate, like renaming a class and
keeping a correct indentation with the GNOME conventions (also for
lining up the function paramaters).

See https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Tools-C-language
The page is far from complete, but it lists some tools.

There is lot of room for improvement in this area.

Sébastien