Potential GNOME IDE

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 08:02:40PM +0000, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:
Heh, true enough. I must admit when I saw the mockup artwork for the
potential GNOME IDE I somewhat drooled. Is that project still "a-go",
and if so is there somewhere where I could provide a little help?

There is Builder, for the C language:
https://github.com/chergert/gnome-builder

The Anjuta team worked on a JavaScript profile, I don't know if it is
still in development and how far it went.

For my part, I work on GtkSourceView, the library used for displaying
source code. I'm more in favor of specialized text editors instead of
general-purpose ones, and GtkSourceView is the common part for the text
editor. The problem is that it is still quite difficult to create the
text editor part of an IDE. So we are moving some features from gedit to
GtkSourceView, slowly but surely.

For a Git integration, see gitg. For a debugger integration, see nemiver
or the debugger of Anjuta. The projects are normally open for making
their code re-usable, or create D-Bus interfaces for communication
between a text editor and the other applications.

I hope I've well summarized the situation,

Sébastien