Re: Announce release of non-official module

Hi all,

A few days ago I submitted an announcement of libchamplainmm to gnome-announce-list. Then I received an email stating that since it is a moderated list, if the moderators do not approve the post then I would receive notification of the reason why it didn't get posted. As of today, the announcement was not posted and I neither received notification of it not being approved.

So my question is, should I wait a bit more because moderators are busy? Or did I do wrong sending an announcement to gnome-announce-list?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Juan.

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 04:41:26PM +0200, Juan R. Garcia Blanco wrote:
> So my question is: could I send an announcement to gnome-announce-list
> without submitting a tarball, just tagging the repo?

If you announce a release, distributions will want to download a tarball
from somewhere. So you'd need to put that somewhere. For
gnome-announce-list: doesn't require that the software is on
download.gnome.org.

--
Regards,
Olav