Re: Translation commits pushed when rolling a tarball

On 08/02/2014 10:38 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
If I use git correctly and push the *merge*, however, then my original
work is preserved. Someone later trying to work out what happened has
actually got a correct version of history to refer back to, and the
problem can be correctly tracked down to the *merge* of the concurrent
changes.

Except that this correct version of history looks like this:

  - Implement X

  - Implement Y

  - Implement Z

  - Make a whole bunch of changes all at once, some of which are
    related to X, some to Y, some to Z, and some to more than one of
    them, and without any indication of which changes relate to which
    commit so no one in the future will ever be able to figure it out
    ha ha ha.

Which sucks. So I'll stick with rebasing, thanks.

-- Dan