Re: GNOME throbber inconsistencies?

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Marco Scannadinari
<marco scannadinari co uk> wrote:

I think using the very nice throbber by the Tango people would look a
lot nicer and reduce the work (?) needed to standardise the throbber
sizes in GNOME.
I'm not sure which is the Tango throbber you're referring to...

I presume we're talking about the one that is part of gnome-icon-theme
[1]. That was quite nice, but it looks a little old fashioned. More
than that, it assumes a grey background and wouldn't scale to larger
sizes, so it's not a good choice.

Im sure there's a lot I'm missing, but the ideal scenario (for me) is to
revert to the Tango throbbers and subsequently their DMZ-* cursors as
well. Not to be rude, but does anyone know why the cursors were forked
from DMZ? (Apart from it needing to be black, but there is a DMZ-AA /
DMZ-Black anyway...)

I'd be pretty surprised if DMZ has been "forked". Jakub Steiner, who
designed DMZ, is one of the current gnome-themes-standard maintainers,
and I'm not aware of any changes to the pointer theme.

Allan

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-icon-theme/plain/gnome/48x48/animations/process-working.png