Google Summer of Code: ideas wanted!
- From: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>
- To: "desktop-devel-list " <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, "soc-mentors-list " <soc-mentors-list gnome org>
- Subject: Google Summer of Code: ideas wanted!
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 05:33:22 -0400 (EDT)
Hiya GNOME lovers!
It's that time of the year again: Google Summer of Code is approaching. We've updated our program pages 
to have the latest information and we need your help in creating a list of great project ideas. It's
essential that we have a well-prepared ideas page when GNOME applies as a mentoring organization on March 29.
So what should you do? Please visit the ideas page  and enter your project ideas under the "Untriaged
* Discuss your ideas with designers in #gnome-design to get their input and plan collaboration, especially
if your ideas are related to one of the core GNOME modules. If you are not sure who to speak to, start with
Allan Day (aday).
* Consider manageable ideas consisting of multiple smaller features that share a common theme, in addition
to single large feature ideas. See the information for mentors page  for more on preferred project formats
and other mentoring resources.
If you are interested in being a mentor this year or at any point find yourself drafted to be one, please
join soc-mentors-list  to receive future communications about GNOME's participation in GSoC, including the
information about important deadlines.
Finally, if you would like to throw your hat in the ring for triaging the ideas and proposals, helping
students find their way in GNOME, and do other GSoC related tasks, pop on over to #soc-admin and join the
team of friendly administrators. So far, it consists of Alexandre Franke, Christophe Fergeau and Marina
Zhurakhinskaya, and we would welcome a couple more members.
The GNOME Google Summer of Code Administrators
] [Thread Prev