Re: Passive resistance [was: Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror]

On א', 2013-08-25 at 11:59 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Sun, 2013-08-25 at 17:45 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
Exactly how many maintainers have shown interest in this?

fr33domlover, your passion for software freedom is admirable,

Thanks. I hope it inspires someone here and there.

 but even
RMS was all in favor of GitHub until he found out that they compress
their JavaScript.

Yes, because he considered the technical definition of free software and
a SaaS, ignoring the issue of centralization. Anyway I'm glad he cleared
the software freedom points regarding GitHub.

(Frankly I don't think a fight against nonfree
JavaScript is a reasonable one for us to pick.) I really don't see this
taking off.

No problems. I'm done expressing thoughts on this. It's not my decision
to make (I'm not even a maintainer). I just wanted to express my
opinion, and I'm thankful I was able to do it in a constructive
discussion.

Cheers,

Michael

Good luck with the new mirrors, I hope they help spread free software.

fr33domlover