Re: Passive resistance [was: Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror]

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM, fr33domlover <fr33domlover mailoo org> wrote:
I'm not a module maintainer, just a community member trying to make sure
you don't make your relation to GitHub tighter than it already is.

I don't believe anyone has the right or the ability to decide what's
more important in the name of all the contributors to GNOME or the whole
community of users, which is why I suggest a switch: Let maintainers
turn off the mirroring. Let them decide how they fight centralization.
After all, they're the ones who do the actual work, not the few people
who make decisions.

Straight people can fight for gay people's rights. And I can fight for
maintainers' rights.

Exactly how many maintainers have shown interest in this? I think most
of us are way too busy trying our best to make Free Software as
awesome as we possibly can that we can't be bothered by such
non-issues. As maintainer of some of the GNOME modules, I'm asking you
to stop this please.

I know you mean well and If you really want to help, I have like a
gazillion things on my TODO list that most people on this list will
agree are essential to world domination of GNOME (and therefore Free
Software). Contact me privately and I can provide you with a list.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124