Re: Passive resistance [was: Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror]

Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
There's possibly a discussion to have about whether GNOME should use
proprietary services for outreach, but GitHub isn't really anything
new here. In my opinion, if you feel strongly about the use of
proprietary services for outreach, perhaps GNOME isn't the greatest
fit for you.

What a terrible thing to say. If you disagree with some decisions, then
you don't belong here? There's no room for diversity of opinion in our
community? That doesn't sound like the GNOME I joined ten years ago.

I wouldn't take one comment on a mailing list as being representative
of GNOME in general.

Allan