Re: Requiring systemd for the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 06:25:05PM +0200, Florian Müllner wrote:
> On vie, 2012-10-19 at 12:19 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> The other thing we can do (and really should do) is share more code
> > relating to systemd/CK and in general system abstractions.
> >
> > It's really pretty silly how hard we make it to share code between
> > gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-shell.  I'd be happy to move
> > more stuff into to gnome-desktop personally.
> >
> +1.
>
> And gnome-session has yet another systemd/CK abstraction.

  Speaking of which, has anyone done feasibility study on retiring
gnome-session in favour of using systemd user instance?
  systemd has user instance support since the very beginning and it seem
to be engineered as gnome-session replacement.  And it's even being
use in that role in Tizen...

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg chrome pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray