Re: Requiring systemd for the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> The other thing we can do (and really should do) is share more code
> relating to systemd/CK and in general system abstractions.
>
> It's really pretty silly how hard we make it to share code between
> gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-shell.  I'd be happy to move
> more stuff into to gnome-desktop personally.

It is pretty ad hoc, currently. In some cases (such as power or
randr), we have dbus interfaces, in others we share code in libraries
(randr again, xkb, backgrounds), and we also copy some glue code
around (user accounts come to mind).

I'd caution that we don't really want 'abstractions', though.