Re: Concerning Keyboard Status Menu

On 24/11/12 11:52 PM, Just Fill Bugs wrote:
On 11/25/2012 07:40 AM, Debarshi Ray Wrote:

The question is, if it is so hard to develop a Chinese IME, then why not
join together to improve it instead of having lots of half-finished ones?
If we are so low on resources then we should try to avoid fragmentation,
shouldn't we?

Why didn't vi and emacs developers join together and worked on only one
true editor? Maybe there should not be geany, gedit, sublime and
whatever other editors.

Hey! Be cool and calm down.

Everybody here knows what is an editor, but few people here know about the technical problems of inputting Chinese, right? Debarshi is only to ask why this weird thing is happening.

The so called property list are not exactly property list. Those are
functionalities provided by the input engine. The input engine
developers try to come up with clever tricks to speed up user input
performance. Whether or not the tricks were actually clever enough is
not Gnome foundations' job to judge.

You are killing innovations over an unsolved problem.

Blocking or selecting authorized "property list" is authorizing whatever
some innovations the developers have are worthy or not.

Well, I guess that's the trend now-a-day in the Gnome Foundation: We
have the power to authorize how the developers to innovate. But I'm
sorry, "640KB was not enough for everyone."

Next time, they will audit feature list in vim and clean up vim for the
users to nvi and then to classic vi.

It's fine to have a default stupid, unusable input method, but limiting
on the innovation of other input engine authors is just dumb.