Re: IM Integration: Let's demonstrate our languages in the Wiki

Hi, Kunshan

Thank you very much.
I also like the international nature of FOSS projects.
But you may not able to collect much information other than that of Chinese.
Because it's all volunteer.
Most people who really care the IM issue currently is Chinese ( and
most of them are fcitx advocates :) )

If you support IBus integration in particular.
I guess you'd start with the following locations:
https://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/list
https://groups.google.com/group/ibus-user
https://groups.google.com/group/ibus-devel

If you do not support IBus integration, you can state your reasons I guess.

If any English-based GNOME developer is interested in improving
i18n/m17n support of GNOME.
I'd direct them to existing well-written books.
A book from Microsoft side called "Developing International Software" is decent.
You can read the "Input Method Editors" section from P174 in second edition.
Or you can read "Chapter 7 Processing Far Eastern Writing Systems" of
first edition in MSDN.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc194838
Yeah, the first edition constantly mentions Windows 95 and even older
Microsoft systems.
But you won't find much new stuff in the second edition talking most
about Windows XP.
That's the good part of Windows development; once something works, it
won't be broken.

I will also review other i18n/m17n books and recommend them to
interested GNOME developers.