Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
<jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Weng Xuetian <wengxt gmail com> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Jasper St. Pierre
>> <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>>> Input Methods need to display custom widgets in the overview. That
>>> means they need access to St, which is (for now) a private toolkit to
>>> the Shell. DBus would not work, unless we want to do something really
>>> dumb[0]. The only thing that I could think of would either be a
>>> special kind of GNOME Shell Extension, or a module.
>>>
>> No you are wrong here. Current gnome shell extension support for fcitx
>> is based on DBus
>> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/261/kimpanel/
>
> OK, so it has a GNOME Shell extension. I meant without any special code.

What you might not know is, this extension can also work with ibus or scim.

(only glib and dbus depends)
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeplasma-addons/repository/revisions/master/show/applets/kimpanel/backend/scim
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeplasma-addons/repository/revisions/master/show/applets/kimpanel/backend/ibus

This extension is a general abstraction over input method framework.

In addition, they are also maintained by me.