Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration

> We only have the development resources to ship one input method. It's
> going to need special code to integrate with Clutter and the St
> toolkit. If IBus is bad right now, we need to fix it.
Some while ago when I started libxklavier, there was idea to create
some kind of abstraction layer for xkb and xmodmap. Perhaps it did not
work quite well, but that was the idea. Is there any chance to create
some kind of abstraction layer (dbus interface?) that would put IM
frameworks on equal grounds (subject to discussion - should it be
runtime or compile time choice). Would it be possible from gtk POV?
g-c-c and g-s-d POV?

Additionally, would the people using various IM frameworks be able to
create some kind of comparison table on l.g.o?

Personally I am not using IM, so cannot be expert of any kind in that
area... I only dealt with XKB so far.

Sergey