Re: 3.6 Feature: IBus/XKB integration

Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
> Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>
>> We only have the development resources to ship one input method. It's
>> going to need special code to integrate with Clutter and the St
>> toolkit. If IBus is bad right now, we need to fix it.
>
> Or use fcitx instead of IBus? I honestly do not know the topic, but I
> read the emails from Marguerite Su and believe she brought important
> points. I'd like to understand what are the plus points of IBus today.

I can't provide a technical comparison. What I can say is that I have
established a productive relationship with the iBus team as I've
worked on this feature, and I've had some productive (and quite
detailed) design conversations with them. They seem committed to
making iBus work with GNOME, and are are working towards that end.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org
Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/