Re: Introducing Photos

On 05/11/2012 11:30 AM, Michael Biebl wrote:
2012/5/11 Martyn Russell<martyn lanedo com>:
On 05/10/2012 08:24 PM, John Stowers wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought GNOME only depended on
tracker-store and not the indexer?

The two are in the same tarball release, so it would be up to packagers to
separate them and AFAIK, that's not been the case at all (at least on Fedora
and Ubuntu).

Hey Michael,

This is not quite true. Ubuntu is using the Debian package, and in
Debian I've split the miners into separate packages.
I.e., you can use tracker-store without having the filesystem miner installed.

Interesting, I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification.

--
Regards,
Martyn

Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.