Re: Introducing Photos

Debarshi,

hello from Yorba, makers of Shotwell.

Shotwell's goals are exactly those laid out in the design document below: to be a lightweight, elegant photo browser/viewer for GNOME supporting basic manipulation, easy photo sharing/publishing, slideshows and so on.  If the GNOME team feels that Shotwell has failed in meeting those goals, we're highly interested in discussing how Shotwell could be enhanced or improved to get there.  Integration with GNOME has always been a top priority for us and we're open to prioritizing development tasks that core GNOME developers feel are important.  If it's felt that some features in Shotwell are unnecessary for a basic photo program, we're also open to factoring those out of the base program into plugins.  We have an active development team and an enthusiastic user community.  I'd love to see us work together rather than embarking on separate efforts.

adam