Re: 3.6 Feature: Initial setup

What if the user is doing the install and first run offline? It would completely break the experience.

Or is an internet connection a must when performing an install? I can understand that it is recommended.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Xan Lopez <xan gnome org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>> Flash might still be needed for some things, but youtube is not one of
>> them. Its HTML5 version works just fine, so I see no reason to design
>> that page with that option as default.
>
> Can't we self-host the videos? I'm not saying we can't also put them
> on YouTube/Vimeo/etc for the social media buzz. But if we're going
> to direct people somewhere (especially automatically), I'd prefer it
> to be something we control, running free software.

That would be my first idea too. I just wanted to point out that in
case the people doing it thought youtube would be better (I guess it
has some advantages) it would be totally doable without having to
install Flash.

Xan