Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 13:46 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
>> >
>> > Who's "we"?
>>
>> "We", the GNOME designers.
>>
>> > Where is this plan?
>>
>> It's called Documents, and Photos, and Videos, and Music... basically,
>> anything in here:
>>
>>   https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps
>>
>> > And why isn't it going through
>> > the feature proposal process?
>>
>> I believe it has.
>
> I'm not seeing it in my mail archives.

These issues have been discussed at length on ddl in the past [1] and
I believe that the relevant features have been through the process.
For the 3.4 release we had emails [2, 3] and information on the wiki
[4], for example.

> Your previous email seems to indicate that the features for 3.6 are
> already a foregone conclusion, and that Zeitgeist doesn't fit into
> that. But that just can't be, because WE the GNOME community decide
> what's in the next version right here on d-d-l during the proposal
> period.

I think that the community has been given an opportunity to discuss
these proposals. Boxes was essentially rejected last round, if memory
serves me correctly.

I'm not saying that the feature proposal process is perfectly clear though. ;)

Allan

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2010-April/msg00085.html

[2] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-October/msg00003.html

[3] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-November/msg00014.html