Re: Applying for lockdown editor writing in GSoC

Hello, and thanks for pointers.

The information for students is lacking in the sense, that this is a new
software, therefore fixing existing bugs or contributing to existing
modules is problematic. Should I write something for the pessulus as it
is, make some dummy application or contribute something to another
project?

Also, this is my draft of proposal (D means deliverable):

1) Understand the target audience

2) Gather requirements
2.1) Look into Pessulus features
2.2) Read Pessulus feature requests
2.3) Ask user for user input

D0) List of desired features

D1) Mock-up of the software, no functionality

3) Check if applications support the required lock-down features
3.1) If not, negotiate implementation with the developers

D2) List of results (application support status for each feature)

4) Start implementing functionality for lock-down editor

D3) First functional lock-down options

5) Write patches for other software if needed functionality is lacking

D4) Full lock-down functionality

6) Write basic configuration import/export

7) Polish the lock-down editor (i18n, basic documentation and such)

D5) Program ready for use

8) [optional] Make a configuration server and implement configuration
fetching
   from a URL

9) Plan for expanding configuration delivery

It omits any time spent learning GNOME development technologies and I am
not sure about schedule.

Is there anything to add?

--
Rūdolfs Mazurs

P , 2012-03-26 14:59 +0200, Vincent Untz rakstīja: