Re: Use of maintainer mode in GNOME modules
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Use of maintainer mode in GNOME modules
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:32:21 +0200
On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 08:15 -0400, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> hi Murray,
> On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 10:05 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > No packager has mentioned any problem with gtkmm and friends.
> This is not about reducing problems for packagers. It's about reducing
> problems for those who try to build your module via jhbuild. If you
> jhbuild a maintainer-mode-disabled module, then later on someone does a
> commit that introduces a new file (and updates the Makefile.am to add
> it) then on next build, the build is broken.
There is no problem with gtkmm and friends in jhbuild.
In this case, there is no problem because our autogen.sh turns on
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev