Re: Use of maintainer mode in GNOME modules

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 10:56 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 14 September 2011 08:19, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
> > By the way, your change has a side-effect where DBus factories of
> > evolution-data-server (e-addressbook-factory and e-calendar-factory
> > processes) depend on gtk+ by default, because I did a change couple
> > weeks ago to do that *when compiled with the maintainer mode*, which is
> > the default after your change.
>
> "maintainer mode" shouldn't mean anything else apart from changing how
> the makefiles generate, and certainly shouldn't change what code is
> being compiled.

	Hi,
why is that? I can imagine couple useful things being tight to the
maintainer mode, also those aforementioned deprecated stuff being in use
only for maintainers, not for regular users, like is done here [1].
Other users in this thread gave also reasonable examples of a usage of
the maintainer mode, not only for a makefile generation.
	Bye,
	Milan

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/bug-buddy/tree/configure.in#n101