Re: Launching an application requires too many mouse clicks in Gnome 3

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 2:31 AM, Xavier Cho <fender_rules yahoo co kr> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. Though, I already know how to use dash.
>
> I guess dash/dock is mainly for the applications which used most often,
> and categorised application menu is for those applications which is only
> occasionally accessed. And even I already have 15 icons on my dock, I
> still find myself opening program menu to search for seldom used
> applications from time to time.
>
> On a side note, I really like to see kind of a 'switchable' dock so I
> could change set of applications on it according to task currently I'm
> on. For example, when I do some music related work, I often use jackd
> related applications like ardour, hydrogen, lv2rack and etc. Though
> other times, I don't want those icons to clutter my dock, as I rather
> want to have more general set of applications at hand, like a web
> browser and a terminal, and so on.

Some people have suggested workspace presets. The idea is that you
have a "Music Production" preset on the dash which contains all those
applications, and clicking it would launch all those applications in a
new workspace. It's not going to happen for 3.2, unfortunately.