Question on the org.gnome.panel(.applet) prefix in applet plumbing

[posting here, since gnome-utils-list seems inactive]

Hello,

I'm porting my little "command runner" Python applet
(https://github.com/porridge/command-runner-applet) to GTK+3 and
libpanel-applet-4 with D-Bus activation.

I've read http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AppletsDbusMigration and had
a look at a similar migration for invest-applet and netspeed applet as
examples.

I seem to have succeeded, but I'm wondering about the org.gnome.panel
and org.gnome.panel.applet prefixes which often appear in the:
- *.panel-applet file name
- *.service file name
- "Name" field of the *.service file

My applet is not a part of the GNOME proper code base, so I don't know
whether I should be using the org.gnome. prefix. Also, in some cases
(like the IDs within the *.panel-applet files) the applet/factory type
names are unqualified, but in other places (like the content of the
*.service file) - they are. See e.g.
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-applets/commit/invest-applet?id=92d0dcf62dfcd60c8e87f64213c14f7f786627fe

What are the rules here? Can someone explain or point to some
documentation? The only clue I've found so far is that the name of the
*.service file is arbitrary. Is that the case also for the
*.panel-applet file? What about the "Name" field in the *.service file?
In case the org.gnome.panel prefix is not mandatory, should I use
something else (e.g. my private domain name)?

regards,
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin owsiany pl>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown