Re: Features !

On jue, 2011-10-06 at 10:31 +0100, Martyn Russell wrote:

> - Integration with thunderbird in the calendar (there is a red hat bug
> about this somewhere I saw recently)
>
> - Why show the "wacom graphics tablet" configuration page in the "System
> Settings" if I don't have one? (perhaps Ubuntu specific)

not ubuntu specific, but yes, your are right, it shouldn't show up, or
even better, it should be something about tablets in general, not only
Wacom

> - Why show the "Additional Drivers" configuration page in the "System
> Settings" if there aren't any? (perhaps Ubuntu specific)

ubuntu specific yes, and just a temporary way of not having this
disappear. We are discussing what to do with this, since having separate
dialogs is very ugly

> - The "Language Support" configuration page is a dialog and not
> integrated like the others.

again also ubuntu specific, and hopefully will go away if we get the
region panel in g-c-c to have the 2 missing features (installing langs
and input method config) for 3.4

> - I think the "default actions" is hidden in the "System Info"
> configuration page and makes more sense to be put into a new place
> *with* the actions for removable media. Both feel related to me. IT's
> essentially what my computer does when I want to do particular work with
> either media or applications.

we have removable media in the system info panel for 3.3, but yes, it
really needs a rename. Maybe 'System' is enough?

cheers