Re: systemd as external dependency

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 08:47:00AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 19 May 2011 07:10, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse <jasper openbsd org> wrote:
> > There are at two OpenBSD developers working full time on GNOME. Yes, full time.
>
> What do they do? It's only recently upower has been ported to anything
> other than Linux, which means that OpenBSD must have been running with
> something like GNOME 2.28 until very recently. From a personal point
> of view, it's a PITA to get of the Solaris or *BSD guys to contribute
> anything.
>
> Richard.
upower was actually ported by our xfce maintainer ;-) anyway, what they
(including me) do is fixing nitpicks with running GNOME on OpenBSD, sending
patches upstream, doing integration in the ports tree, doing regular updates
etc. OpenBSD has so far been quite up to date with GNOME releases (currently
have 2.32.x): http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/x11/gnome/#dirlist

Right now we're working on GNOME3 which is proving chalenging in various areas.

--
Cheers,
Jasper

"Capable, generous men do not create victims, they nurture them."