Re: New module proposal: LightDM

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 18:19 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
>> > I was not going to propose this project because I am sick of this sort
>> > of unprofessional response, especially from leaders in the community.
>
>> So, you consider it an unprofessional response if we are not falling
>> over our feet in adopting a from-scratch rewrite of a core component
>> that has not even been field-tested in any release yet ?
>
> I think Robert's point was rather the disrespect shown by some wordings
> in responses ("architecture astronaut", anyone?) which is demotivating
> and makes the GNOME community look hostile.

I believe this is a situation which makes or breaks the feeling of
community within GNOME.
That is, this is a big deal.
There is a GNOME Code of Conduct at https://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct
though the thread participants did not sign it.
I think the GNOME Foundation should step in, if the attitude issues
are not resolved completely within this thread.

Simos