Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com>
- Cc: William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>, GNOME Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: New module proposal: LightDM
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 18:19:29 -0400
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> I was not going to propose this project because I am sick of this sort
> of unprofessional response, especially from leaders in the community.
> It was the insistence of other leaders in the GNOME community that I
> did end up proposing and the continual complaints from users,
> sysadmins, customers, designers, and programmers about the login
So, you consider it an unprofessional response if we are not falling
over our feet in adopting a from-scratch rewrite of a core component
that has not even been field-tested in any release yet ? Compare to
the approach that Canonical takes to new things like, say GNOME3.. I
think you will see some similarities.
>From my point of view, lightdm is first and foremost unproven at this
time. And the points you are trying to sell it on (cross-desktop,
themable) do not really overlap very well with what we want to achieve
Anyway, you are already pissed off, so probably best to stop...
] [Thread Prev