Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Dave Neary <dneary gnome org>
- Cc: Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>, Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Subject: Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:18:38 -0400
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
> For something like this, I have a feeling we may only get one chance. If
> you don't allow any differentiation on top of GNOME, there is at least
> one distribution that will just do preferences differently & ignore
> control-center. And I can imagine that future environments along the
> lines of moblin, MeeGo, Maemo, etc will end up redoing the preferences
> from scratch, rather than building on the gnomecc work.
They are doing that anyway, and there is nothing we can do to stop them.
] [Thread Prev