Re: "Open containing folder" for all apps

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 17:16 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 19:13 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>
> > And applications that can "send out" files, could also add a little menu
> > item to send it out using nautilus-sendto (the API there being
> > "nautilus-sendto filename"). Evolution, Totem, Rhythmbox and a number of
> > others allow you to do that.
>
> Hey, nice idea.  Dave Richards of the City of Largo found out that
> people couldn't figure out how to send their documents to another
> person, unless the app explicitly provides a "send to" command.
>
> Do we have a stock action/icon for this?

We don't, but if nautilus-sendto is installed, the code is quite
trivial:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/rhythmbox/tree/plugins/sendto/sendto.py

The biggest part of it is the code to insert the menu dynamically.
Evolution doesn't have this sort of code, and just checks for
"nautilus-sendto" in the path before showing the menu item.