Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- From: Danielle Madeley <danielle madeley collabora co uk>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was Re: GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:02:10 +1000
On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 01:27 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > #1 -- was this announced/proposed to desktop-devel-list?
> No, because it was only made for one particular module
> (gnome-bluetooth), and by me. The reason we had an external API was so
> that gnome-bluetooth code happen in time for 3.0. And we've reverting it
> to 3.2.
Empathy has some control-center shell integration as well for its
accounts configuration. Or perhaps it's an old version of the API. It
was primarily done for Meego Netbook.
Although I endorse design of the core components, I don't think it has
to require the component to exist in gnome-cc. Furthermore, this seems
like a fairly arbitrary limitation. Both major non-free desktops permit
applications to install control-center.
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd. Melbourne, Australia
] [Thread Prev