Re: On the Interaction with the design team

Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:38, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> > Pretty good list of examples. All of these projects are mostly driven by
> > Red Hat full-time employees (which isn't a bad thing in general). It
> > happens to be the same company employing big parts of the core design
> > team.
> >
> > While this doesn't mean it is a "closed group" of people, for an outside
> > developer or volunteer it pretty much feels like that even if the
> > individuals of that group are totally open to external
> > contribution/envolvement.
>
> To *who* does it feel that way? If you're going to insinuate that
> people have tried to get involved and been rebuffed, then I think the
> responsibility here falls to you to provide an example. Please don't
> talk around the accusation by inferring that it's some kind of RH
> conspiracy. It's not.

Johannes is definitely a active member of the GNOME community, and in
my opinion the work he has been doing to make it possible for new
developers to come and use our platform is underestimated (Anjuta,
the dev doc tools hackfest, the continued work on platform demos,
etc.).

Therefore I don't think you should dismiss what he wrote, as if he had
just a vague knowledge of our community, mimicking his message as
"there's a Red Hat conspiracy".

And a second point is that it may not be easy to give examples, not
because they do not exist but because we may hesitate to bring the
involved persons in the discussion without their consent. (I don't
know if it's the case for Johannes, it's certainly my case).

        Fred