Re: On the Interaction with the design team

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:38, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Pretty good list of examples. All of these projects are mostly driven by
> Red Hat full-time employees (which isn't a bad thing in general). It
> happens to be the same company employing big parts of the core design
> team.
>
> While this doesn't mean it is a "closed group" of people, for an outside
> developer or volunteer it pretty much feels like that even if the
> individuals of that group are totally open to external
> contribution/envolvement.

To *who* does it feel that way? If you're going to insinuate that
people have tried to get involved and been rebuffed, then I think the
responsibility here falls to you to provide an example. Please don't
talk around the accusation by inferring that it's some kind of RH
conspiracy. It's not.

Allan Day is certainly a counter example.

Another counter example is that I have only been able to do the
marketing work that I have done by *listening* to the design process
so that I could articulate it to others. At no point have I felt like
the design team was inaccessible.