Re: Planned GNOME Shell UI changes (was Re: String and UI Change Announcement)

Le lundi 10 janvier 2011 à 10:29 -0600, Brian Cameron a écrit :
> It should be simple to enhance GDM to detect when OpenGL is not
> available, and avoid showing session-types that require it when
> it cannot be used.  A general interface could eventually be
> implemented to support this, but it might be reasonable to just
> hardcode this behavior for known sessions that do not work with
> OpenGL initially for GNOME 3.
I can imagine detection being harder, though. Some cards will
seem/pretend to work, but won't, either because they are too slow or
because Mutter triggers major bugs on them.

So it might get much more messy than checking for OpenGL. Maybe a
whitelist of supported cards would have to be created, just like it was
required for Compiz (at least in Ubuntu). But I'm sure Owen can tell us
how this could work...

Regards