Re: GNOME user survey 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 04:40:52PM +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> And there's many things you can do if you realize people desperately
> need more options; like enabling votes in bugzilla, a poll, an
> ideatorrent, etc.

This all seems very focussed on anything via internet and users who care
a great deal about GNOME. Having such users is nice, but I hope the
majority of our users cannot tell the difference between GNOME and their
distribution.

Though I'd be happy to create a survey and at least get some data, I
fear we'd just get bad press because our ideas on how to get ideas
doesn't involve votes in Bugzilla, polls, etc.

GNOME has existed for many years, various things have been tried out or
have been discussed before. Why votes are not enabled is very briefly
explained at http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaHelp (explanation is pretty
incomplete).

Oh, as others mentioned and explained, I don't see the desperate need
for more options btw (this is very vague). I'd rather see a more generic
survey. Check if users are happy and allow for very open-ended
yourself, but to have it filled in by someone they know and uses GNOME. :P
--
Regards,
Olav