Re: ThreePointOne: Contacts

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 13:21 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> and right here i think we shouldn't base on bad formats (vcard) and
> sucking protocols (syncml). using json is a much better option.

Well as soon as you talk about sync, someone says device. And devices
come with vCard.

> see for example the desktopcouch specification for contacts
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktopcouch/contact

Looking at this - do you realise how much very much that matches the
vCard spec? That's basically a vCard translated to JSON.

Personally, I'd rather have a root canal treatment than couch db
hammering my computer, but I like the auto-replication idea.