Re: ThreePointOne: Contacts

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 09:29 -0700, Travis Reitter wrote:
> As Frederic pointed out, we shouldn't be brainstorming on the 3.2
> feature pages, so I thought I'd fill in some details/thoughts on the
> Contacts [1] idea here.
>
> The page suggests libfolks and/or libsocialweb for the implementation.
> The good news is that Folks 0.5.0 (released last week) added support for
> libsocialweb, so using Folks gets you both. In the process, Alban Crequy
> also added Contacts support for a few libsocialweb services in
> libsocialweb itself (Flickr, Twitter, Last.FM) and upstreamed Marco
> Barisione's Facebook support. The remaining lsw services (such as Vimeo
> and YouTube) don't have Contacts support yet, but it could certainly be
> added.

this makes a lot of sense, but we really need a way to send messages to
facebook/twitter contacts, or do other operations on the other services
(see photos from flickr, listen to music in last.fm, etc).

So, are there any plans for a twitter/facebook client app?

For photos and music, I guess it's easy, since we can't just start the
corresponding app/url from the 'contacts view' in the shell