Re: GApplication is going away

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:

> Fair enough. I'm just asking how it got into glib and GTK+ with those
> warts and limitations...

It certainly was a bit of a rushed job, borne by the desire to have
something that we can use in the shell for 3.0. But then schedules
changed, and expectations for this API got expanded...

> Finally, how does that impact GtkApplication?

The current thinking is that we'll branch of a glib-2.26 branch before
release, and only remove GApplication after branching, so that gtk3
(and thus GtkApplication) can continuously work against glib master.
One consequence will be that gtk3 will not work against glib 2.26,
though. Which may or may not put the shell team in a difficult
position.