Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Hi!

Dimitris Glezos <glezos indifex com>, Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:39:54 +0300:

(...)

> As much as I'd like to claim it, I don't think we can achieve
> everything with a single shot. :-) Maintainers of GNOME modules hosted
> outside of git.gnome.org don't always feel comfortable with raw
> commits to their VCS (security, noise in the vcs history etc). Whether
> translations should be committed directly to a repo is a big
> discussion, and I believe maintainers are the ones with the final word
> on this.

Yes. Nevertheless, translators should strive for maintainers to make so
called informed decisions. ;-)

If translators in this thread argue that a particular workflow means a
bottleneck for proper l10n support, it might be actually true. And since
l10n & i18n have been core values for the GNOME Project for good reasons...

Best,
Petr Kovar