Re: gnome2 and gnome3: strategy of coexisting
- From: Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>
- To: Sergey Udaltsov <sergey udaltsov gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Subject: Re: gnome2 and gnome3: strategy of coexisting
- Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:06:48 +0200
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:37:36PM +0100, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Thanks for the answer. So, does that mean we directly or indirectly
> recommend to distromakers NOT to allow users to choose between gnome2
> ("real", not "(panel + nautilus)/gnome3") and gnome3 sessions? Does
> that mean we recommend not to bother creating two sets of packages? Or
> we are just neutral and do not care (and we do not help)?
I don't expect anyone @ GNOME to care about 2.x. Distributions can do
what they want, but need to take that into account.
] [Thread Prev