Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com> wrote:
>>> I guess everything related to accessibility will stay in "Desktop", right?
>> This is a good question, and I have some doubts, probably because in
>> some cases there are a thin line between "Core Desktop" and
>> "Applications"
> The main thrust of the proposal is to make this line more clear.

> We believe that we can make both our core desktop and our applications
> better by having a clear understanding of what is part of the core and
> what is an application.

> As for the concrete question, I agree that a11y needs to stay a part
> of the core desktop shell. For individual components, like orca, I
> think we need to move in a direction where they are less individual
> add-on applications,  but instead integrated right into the shell. You
> can already see that happening with the magnifier.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this paragraph.

Taking into account that this "happening with the magnifier" is that
right now gnome-shell has a built-in magnification feature (no plugin,
all code inside, mostly JavaScript AFAIK).

Are you proposing to add "at-spi2 compliant screen reader with braille
support" as a gnome-shell feature?

API (apinheiro igalia com)