Re: Documentation for Proposed Modules

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> Right, but if it allows users to do cool things, we'd like to
> talk about those in the Desktop Help or elsewhere.

  As soon as I proposed Rygel, someone pointed out that he doesn't
know what Rygel is so I added a user-story at the top of the homepage:
http://live.gnome.org/Rygel. Hope thats good enough if we advertise
this link everywhere. If you think its important to have this into
gnome help as well, do let me know.

> With Avahi,
> as an example, there's no application to write help for, but
> it lets me see the computers on my network. That's something
> we can write about. I think we need to see first-hand what we
> can do with a system with Rygel.

 Avahi is more comparable to (lowest-level stack) of UPnP, Rygel is
more like a service that you'll typically use from another machine
(PS3, Xbox, DLNA TV etc).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)