Platform for Developer Documentation

Hi folks,

I'm working on what to include in the Platform Overview.
This affects what gets focused on in the introductions
and howtos in my developer documentation plan:

http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Planning/DeveloperDocs

I've tried starting this discussion before, but haven't
gotten a lot of response.  So rather than ask, I'm going
to propose a list of technologies and see if there are
any objections.

I'm taking the "big tent" approach.  If we're using it,
and it's not something we consider to be a system library,
then it's in.  I don't care if it's in the platform, the
desktop, or the external dependencies.  I want to present
third-party developers with the most complete development
platform possible.

I also want to focus on developer tools.  They should be
featured heavily when we talk about how to develop for
Gnome.

Enough yakking.  Libraries I'm going to push:

* GTK+
* GLib (+ GObject, GIO, GSettings)
* Pango
* Cairo
* ATK
* AT-SPI
* Clutter
* PackageKit
* Tracker
* Telepathy
* Evolution Data Server
* Gnome Keyring
* GStreamer
* WebKitGTK+
* Soup
* Avahi
* DBus
* DeviceKit-disks
* DeviceKit-power
* Canberra
* PolicyKit
* PulseAudio

I'm going to focus on the following programming languages:

* C
* C++
* Java
* JavaScript
* C#
* Perl
* Python

Developer tools I'll be pushing:

* Anjuta
* Devhelp
* Glade
* Accerciser
* Nemiver

On top of this, I would like to have a section where we
highlight application plugin APIs.  I'll be hunting for
places where developers can plug into our desktop.  If
you want your application highlighted, send me an email
to make sure I don't overlook it.

I'm going to begin sketching out the content plan for
the Platform Overview based on this.  If I've forgotten
something, please tell me.  If you feel strongly that
anything I mentioned should not be pushed, speak up.

After the Overview content is planned, I'll begin work
on planning the introductions.  These are the going to
be the first thing a lot of new developers see, so we
have to make them rock.

Happy hacking.

--
Shaun McCance